Welcome to Our Blog
When translated from an Italian phrase, ‘Far Niente’ romantically means ‘without a care’. We hope you recapture that essence as you take a behind-the-scenes peek at Far Niente and the fine Cabernet and Chardonnay we produce here in Oakville.
- Cabernet Wine Club 12
- Dolce Napa Valley 18
- Far Niente Cabernet 67
- Far Niente Cave Collection 26
- Far Niente Chardonnay 54
- Far Niente Events 23
- Far Niente Gardens 19
- Food and Wine Recipes 4
- Sustainability 6
- Uncategorized 11
- Visit Far Niente 27
- Viticulture 3
- Wine and Travel 1
- Wine Club 1
- Wine Gifts 7
- Wine Pairing 28
- Wine Tours and Tastings 3
- Winemaking 26
Without a Care
A Blog By Far Niente
Our Favorite Holiday Wine Gifts for 2016
by Far Niente | 2016 | 4:16 pm
Is it just us, or does the holiday season seem to hit a fever pitch earlier each year? With fall gatherings, Thanksgiving menu planning, and the need to stock up on last-minute hostess gifts already upon us, we couldn’t be more excited about sharing some of our favorite holiday wine gifts from the 2016 Holiday Collection with you.
Our 2016 Holiday Collection emphasizes our passion for excellence. From classic estate-bottled Napa Valley Chardonnay and Cabernet to Single-Vineyard Wines that embody the phrase “purity of place,” you’ll find a rich selection of choices in this season’s collections. To help you get inspired, we quickly spotlighted three new and classic wine gifts for 2016.
Our Favorite Wine Gifts for 2016
- The Estate Collection. Ideal for: The Wine and Food Enthusiast. A Thanksgiving favorite, the Estate Collection offers a taste of four signature wines from our family of wineries. From estate-bottled Chardonnay and Single-Vineyard Cabernet from Napa Valley to beautifully layered Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, the wines complement a variety of holiday menus. There’s also a bottle of late harvest Dolce to complete the quartet.
- 5-Liter 2014 Far Niente Estate Bottled Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville, Napa Valley. Ideal for: The Entertainer. A single 1.5-Liter magnum offers one glass of wine for ten party guests (or two very generous glasses for an intimate dinner for four). In addition to adding an element of ease and grandeur to your holiday entertaining, our large format Cabernet Sauvignon also ages spectacularly well. Just be sure you store it on its side in cool, consistent conditions.
- The Far Niente Cave Collection. Ideal for: The Collector. For serious Cabernet lovers, vertical collections are the holy grail of wine gifts. The wines in our Cave Collection program have been intentionally set aside, labeled with a distinctive black-banded Cave Collection capsule and stored in ideal conditions. Each year, a limited selection is hand-packed into custom wood boxes and released from our library. One of our most luxurious gifts, the six-bottle Cave Collection allows collectors to enjoy favorite vintages without years of patient waiting.
Our online 2016 Holiday Gift Collection also has a brand new look! It’s elegant and user-friendly, and we hope you’ll find it’s even easier than ever to find the wine gifts you love (for the people you love).
Don’t forget. You receive 10% savings – and club members receive 20% savings – on all orders of six bottles or more.